Hey everyone! I got the Tumblr button working over at www.salon.com, where I work, so you all should go over there, find an article you like, and try it out! Tell me how it works!Anyone having any problems with it?
Archive - Code
Life and Code is a learn-to-code blog written with journalists in mind (but useful to anyone who wants to learn).
By far the most popular items on Life and Code are these two:
These are the other Greatest Hits.
- Every time you feel like giving up, watch this first.
- Four Tests for Startups — I don’t take on any project unless they pass these four tests.
- And now a moment of reverent silence to begin our Daily Hour of Code. Take two.
- In Praise of Fluff – an essay on what cat pictures and celebrity news add to journalism.
- If You’re a Busy Person and Want To Learn to Program, How Far Can You Get in 30 Days?
- The Role of Faith in Learning Something New
- It Takes About Six Weeks for Programming To Get Fun
- Choosing an entry point when you want to learn to program
- Startups for Journalists
- Why am I learning to code? Because a lot of things piss me off.
- Paying a developer money to build something for you? Write a spec. No, seriously, write a spec.
- Lisa’s Guide to Boston (in case you come for a conference)
- Programming, Journalism, and Bullshit — on how stupid, sexist stereotypes about programmers hold you and everybody else back.
- Learning to Program for the Web: Starting from Scratch
This article is cross-posted from my personal blog, where the code looks cooler. Read more…
If you have a server that does not use TLS, the setting for Us TLS if available no longer functions as anticipated. You must switch over to Only Use Plain FTP.